Currently, I am working as a Web UI developer and recently received my Masters in Information Science. I have been in the field since 1996 and a seeking a web position where I can utilize both my web knowledge and my education in information organization.
San José State University, San Jose, CA
2005 to December 2009
- Completed the Masters of Library and Information Science program at San José State University.
- Vocabulary Design, Research Design, Reference, Online Searching, Cataloging, Metadata, Digital Libraries, Systems Analysis, Archives & Manuscripts, and History of Books and Libraries
- GPA: 3.569
San Diego State University, San Diego, CA
BA English, Creative Writing
Senior Application Software Developer at HighWire Press, Stanford University
May 16, 2011 to Present
Palo Alto, CA
- Verified sites worked with supported browsers, including IE 7.
- Worked with other developers in migrating journals from the older platform to the current one.
- Systemically fixed bugs as they are logged into Jira, the bug tracking system.
- Worked on cross-functional teams to address the UX for company wide roadmap projects.
- Mentor other developers with less experience in front-end development.
- Researched the pros and cons of moving CSS into minified files.
- Lead UX expert on the team.
- Wrote the team's CSS Standards Guide.
Front End Developer (Consultant) at Apple Inc.
May 10, 2010 to May 13, 2011
store.apple.com, Cupertino, CA
- Created HTML and CSS for Apple's online store (store.apple.com).
- Worked on the product launch for the new iMac.
- Worked on mobile store application projects.
- Implemented a new navigation bar on secondary pages in the store.
- Participated in accessibility projects.
Senior Web Developer
August 17, 2009 to May 7, 2010
Ebates.com, San Francisco, CA
- Developed tools in Velocity for better viewing of merchant screenshots.
- Participated in rolling out the new widened site.
July 21, 2008 to August 7, 2009
Snapfish, A Division of HP, San Francisco, CA
- Provided the HTML, XML and CSS for www.snapfish.com.
- Developed HTML emails to be sent with Responsys.
Aug 15, 2005 to July 11, 2008
Virgin Mobile USA, Walnut Creek, CA
- Provided the HTML, XML and CSS for www.virginmobileusa.com.
- Worked on a team to move the site from a table to tableless design in CSS.
- Created and maintained the emergency website for system outages.
- Mentored the more junior team members.
June 7, 2004 to Aug 3, 2005
Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, CA
- Worked with a team on developing the CSS standards using HTML structural tags.
Aug 21, 2000 to May 28, 2004
Collabrys, Inc, South San Francisco, CA
- Created the HTML for Beta and Gold version of the Java based Collabrys software, which is instrumental in producing emails for our clients.
- Managed and developed the HTML for all of our customer email sends.
- Lead the HTML Developers to better coordinate work efforts to produce improved end results.
July 19, 1999 to Aug 2000
McAfee.com, Santa Clara, CA
- As part of a team, wrote HTML for the external corporate site. Worked with engineers to create the HTML user interface around the more advanced programming.
- Developed the HTML for the corporate Intranet and communicated with department heads and other personnel to organize and provide content and materials for the Intranet.
- Worked closely with Project Managers to make the site more usable and logical for the customer so they would return to the site and use the product.
1998 to July 1999
Read-Rite Corporation, Fremont, CA
- Managed and administered the corporate website, Intranet and the web based projects.
- Defined, implemented and enforced intranet standards for the authors to keep a consistent look and feel across multiple Intranet websites, to better serve the end customer.
- Wrote and provided documentation on HTML and web development for the company's website authors.
- Developed and taught classes on FrontPage 98 to the various departments publishing content.
- Installed, maintained and administrated the company's IIS and SuiteSpot web servers.
Internet Application Developer
1996 to 1998
Littler Mendelson, San Francisco, CA
- Managed and administered the corporate website, Intranet and the web based projects to better insure sharing of information company wide.
- Administered and maintained the firm-wide browser based Java application, which accessed accounting databases (Informix) so the attorneys could see the status of their billable hours and take action accordingly.
- Installed, maintained and administered the firm's NT web servers in order to keep all the web applications up and running with the lowest possible down time.